A little insight into the progress of the brand new all-you-can-eat wonder patch that was slapped onto EQ2 this week, via the way of Grimwell.
Morning, all. We'll be tracking down and working on live issues after today's rather significant update. Sorry for not giving too much warning ahead of time that this would be a bumpy one.
Er. Thanks. I guess. But we all saw the bump a week ago. It wasn't hard to miss.
1) Zone instability in certain zones when certain characters attempt to load in. Looking into this.
2) Client crash that appears with older UI settings saved. Same issue causes inability to type and see chat/chat bubbles. (This problem appears to go away with a reboot. Investigating.)
3) Potential issue with repeated spamming of skill-up messages and/or gaining incorrect skills when performing certain actions. (e.g. Swimming for casting a spell.)
4) Guild name in guild window reporting as the incorrect guild. Roster and overheads still correct.
5) Addition of traits erroneously creating hotbar icons.
6) Cosmetic error with overead name-suffix titles no longer being separated from the person's name.
7) The bug with certain windows popping up on login (which should not be opening automatically) is alive and well.
More info as we have it...
So, let's see what we have.
A patchwork spell and combat art system. A bunch of crashes and lag choking points. A removal of soloing areas and encounters. And a some extra bugs to boot.
Bah. What are these people thinking?? The November 8 release date is bad. Bad I say!
Surely a November 2 release date would have been more realistic.